QUESTION: How do I obtain a City of Chillicothe job application?

A PDF document is available on this website here which you may complete online.

QUESTION: When I call 911, what agency receives the call?

All emergency 911 calls in Livingston County, MO are taken at the Chillicothe Police Department. If the call is regarding a medical emergency anywhere in Livingston County, a Dispatcher/911 operator will dispatch the Chillicothe Department of Emergency Services to the desired location. If the call is regarding a law enforcement emergency in the city limits of Chillicothe, a Dispatcher/911 operator will dispatch a Chillicothe Police Officer to the desired location. Residents are encouraged to contact the Chillicothe Police Department at 660-646-2121 for emergency and non-emergency law enforcement situations.

QUESTION: What is the non-emergency telephone number to the Chillicothe Police Department?

To reach the Chillicothe Police Department for non-emergency related reasons, you may call 660-646-2121 or toll free at 1-877-646-2185. Citizens may also contact the Chillicothe Police Department at these numbers for emergency situations.

QUESTION: How do I file a police report?

To file a police report, simply contact the Chillicothe Police Department at 660-646-2121, and an officer will be dispatched to your location. Citizens may also enter the police department anytime, day or night, to file a police report. All persons are photo identified upon entry into the police department so please have proper identification readily accessible.

QUESTION: How do I find out if I have an active warrant for my arrest?

To determine whether or not an active warrant for your arrest exists, you will need to come to the Chillicothe Police Department with photo identification. This information will not be available over the telephone. You may enter any law enforcement agency, with proper identification, to determine if a warrant for your arrest exists.

QUESTION: When can I get a copy of my police report or traffic accident report?

Once a Chillicothe police officer takes a police report or traffic accident report from you, the report goes through a channel for review and approval. This process takes approximately three to five business days. You may obtain a copy of a police report or traffic accident report by contacting the records division between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

QUESTION: Where can I pick up an application for employment with the Chillicothe Police Department?

Applications for employment with the Chillicothe Police Department may be retrieved at the Chillicothe Police Department or at Chillicothe City Hall located at 715 Washington St. Applicants must be 21 years of age with no felony convictions. Peace officer certification through an accredited law enforcement academy must be obtained prior to employment with the City of Chillicothe as a police officer.

QUESTION: What should I do if I observe a police car with red and blue lights flashing and an audible siren activated?

Anytime you are traveling on a roadway and an emergency vehicle is observed with red and blue lights flashing and an audible siren is activated, you should safely pull to the right side of the roadway and come to a stop. If the emergency vehicle was not alerting you to pull over, wait until the emergency vehicle has passed you by before re-entering the roadway. This is applicable when the emergency vehicle is behind you or approaching you from the front.

QUESTION: How do I get property back that was seized as evidence?

All property that is taken into custody by a Chillicothe police officer is secured in an evidence room at the Chillicothe Police Department until the Prosecuting Attorney determines whether or not a criminal case will be filed. If a case is filed, the property will be held at the police department pending the authorization for release by the prosecutor. If a criminal case is not filed, the property may be returned to its owner. To retrieve property from the Chillicothe Police Department, contact the police department at (660) 646-2121 and ask for an evidence officer. An evidence officer will make an appointment with you to retrieve your belongings.

QUESTION: Where can I get an order of protection?

You can file for an order of protection at the Livingston County Courthouse located at 700 Webster St., Chillicothe, MO (660) 646-8000.

Please email us at Likewise, if you have a complaint or concern you wish to discuss with our department, we would also like to hear from you. We take pride in serving you!

QUESTION: Do the city and county have a local emergency operations' plan?

Yes, you may download our plan here.

QUESTION: How can I get a copy of my accident report?

You may obtain and print a copy of your accident report by visiting this website. Reports are $4 each - pay on the secure Crashdocs' website with your credit card.

Return to Top

Chillicothe Missouri Police Department
613 Walnut Street
Chillicothe, MO  64601
Toll Free: 1-877-646-2185
Jon C. Maples
E-9-1-1 Coordinator Cindy Hanavan

Web Design by BK Web Works
Site Hosted by Green Hills Companies